Sharing the Gospel of Jesus
Join us for worship this Sunday at 10:30am. We meet at 2822 West Stolley Park Road and have a parking space just for you. No matter who you are or where you are from, you’re welcome here.
Resuming in-person worship services
The elders, deacons and men of the congregation have developed a plan for resuming in-person worship services. However, we want to stress that anyone who doesn’t feel comfortable attending in-person or who has an underlying health condition should continue to watch the livestreamed services. No one should feel compelled to attend services.
Here are the details of the reopening plan:
1. In-person Sunday morning worship services will resume July 5 (unless there is an increase in coronavirus cases and the health department advises against it).
2. Live streaming of services will continue for those who feel uncomfortable attending in-person.
3. Communion will be served in pre-packaged containers. Offering trays will be set up where people can drop off their offering. Nothing will be passed among the congregation.
4. Social distancing: Every two pews will be taped off. For example, one open pew, two pews taped off, one open pew, two pews taped off. People are encouraged to keep a distance of six feet between each other while entering and exiting the building and while visiting. Family groups must sit together.
5. Anyone who feels uncomfortable attending in-person or is not feeling well, is encouraged to stay home and watch the live stream.
6. Those attending are required to wear face masks. If you don’t have one or forget it, masks will be available at the church.
7. If you are not wanting to wear a face mask, the fireside room will be showing the livestream service on a television and those not wearing a face mask can watch the service in the fireside room.
8. Building will be professionally cleaned/sanitized before July 5. It also will be sanitized between services.
9. No in-person Bible classes will be held on Sunday mornings, Sunday nights, or Wednesday nights. A plan will be developed to phase these back in. The Zoom Wednesday night class will continue.
10. People are to use their own Bibles. No pew Bibles or song books will be available. Songs will be projected on the screen.
11. Each entrance of the church will have an usher who will open the door for each person and the ushers will dismiss from the back of the auditorium to the front following the end of services.
12. Hand sanitizer will be available.
Thank you in advance for following these measures and please pray that we will be able to meet together again safely.
– The Elders at the Stolley Park Church of Christ